Admitted are only Lusitanos registered in the official studbook of Lusitanos (APSL).
Each athlete represents his/her country: decisive is the nationality of the proprietor of the horses.
Each athlete is obliges to have the starting permission for their country confirmed by the respective national Association. This can be done in individual or list form.
Each Association is responsible for the selection in their own country. All athletes have to adhere to the general rules of the APSL and the German organizer (Cavalo Lusitano eV Germany).
At the Championship in each category (breed classes, Dressage and Working Equitation) an individual European Champion will be determined.
In the Working Equitation (Large Tour) a team European Champion will be determined in addition.
In the breed classes in addition a national (German) Champion will be selected. The best Lusitano (mare and stallion) owned by a German owner.
For the Nations rating the first three placed athletes of each test/category will be taken into consideration.
The health and vaccination rules of the FEI apply (International Federation for Equestrian Sports):
- All horses must have received an initial primary course of two vaccinations, given between 21 and 92 days apart.
All subsequent boosters must not be older than 12 months.
- Vaccination against tetanus and herpes is not compulsory, however it is recommended.
- No vaccination less than 7 days before the arrival at the event.
- No horses may be stabled coming from a region in which herpes or equine anaemia or strangles has broken out.
- Horses may not show any signs of illness.
Passports of all participating horses must be presented before the horses can be stabled. (passports for identification, possible control of microchips and control of vaccination).
- Registration has to be done in time (deadline: 15/06/2020)
- Late entries are only possible by paying an administrative fee of € 100,00 per horse and subject to stable contingent.
- Per horse a form has to be issued.
- All fees are payable with the entry by credit card.
- In case of withdrawal the stabling fee will not be reimbursed. On presentation of a veterinary certificate merely half of the entry fee for the respective competition can be reimbursed.
- All horses must meet the requirements of the respective categories.
- Horses must be presented well turned out and clean.
- Demonstrator/athletes have to be dressed correctly. Permitted is: Portuguese or English Outfit, in the breeding classes (presentation in hand) also white breeches and a white shirt is permitted.
Saddle and bridle acc. to the dress of the athlete.
- For the athletes taking part in the Dressage and Working Equitation competitions a horse inspection is intended. Participation is compulsory and a precondition for the start. The exact date will be given in the timetable.
- Arrival will be possible as of Tuesday, 21/07/2020 from 12.00 h. Horses must leave the stables by Monday, 27/07/2020 10.00 h
Special Participation Conditions for the Licensing
- Only Lusitanos owned by a German owner may participate. Lusitanos owned by an owner of another nation only with a special permit of the respective Association and the German Association Cavalo Lusitano eV Germany.
- All horses must have an implanted microchip.
- For all horses a valid horse passport has to be presented.
- For the participating stallions a sperm analysis has to be presented before the start of the Licensing.
- The horses will be measured and photos will be taken from three sides.
- Mares will only be presented in hand for the Licensing (lunging)
- Stallions will be presented mounted in all three basic paces acc. to the instructions of the judges.
Prizes and Placings
- In each category/competition 1/3 of the starters will be placed, however at least 4 athletes.
- The first three placed athlete will receive a prize of honour.
- Each athlete will receive a memorial rosette.
- The best stallion or respectively the best mare from the breeding classes will receive the title „European Champion“ and will get a sash.
- The best stallion or respectively the best mare, owned by a German owner will in addition be German national Champion and will also receive a sash.
- The title „European Champion of Champions“ will be determined between the „European Champions“ stallion/mare.
European Champion of Nations:
The athletes placed among the best three in each competition or test/breeding class will be taken into consideration (Breeding Class, Dressage and Individual Rating Working Equitation):
1st place – 10 points, 2nd place – 6 points, 3rd place – 2 points
The nation that has obtained the most points will be European Champion of Nations.
- Arrival as of Tuesday, 21/07/2020, 12.00 h
- Departure by Monday, 27/07/2020, 10.00 h
- On arrival before stabling, the horse passports (vaccination) and identity of the horses (microchip) will be checked.
- The boxes in the stable tents will be labelled and may not be exchanged without prior consultation of the stable manager.
- Mares and stallions are stabled in separated stable tents. Geldings will be stabled in both tents.
- Forage, mangers and equipment for manure disposal (pitchfork and wheelbarrow) have to be brought along.
- The first basic litter is included in the box price.
- Hay and straw/shavings may be bought on site at prices of the day.
- A parking fee (parking lot at the stable tent) to the amount of € 20 per car with trailer/lorry etc. for the whole event will be levied. The fee has to be paid together with the entry fee. The license number has to be indicated. For each further vehicle an extra fee has to be paid (€ 5,00 per day)
- The instructions of the stable manager or car park staff have to be adhered to.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel an examination if the number of participants is low.
- Electricity connection for trucks/motorhomes/caravans must be booked with the mention. Cost € 60,00 /Connection
|Comp. 1:||1 year old in hand (M I)|
|Comp. 2:||2 years old in hand (M II)|
|Comp. 3:||3 years old in hand (M III)|
|Comp. 4:||4 years old, mounted (M IV)|
|Comp. 5:||5 years and older, mounted (M V)|
|European Champion/ German Champion|
|Comp. 6:||1 year old in hand (F I)|
|Comp. 7:||2 years old in hand (F II)|
|Comp. 8:||3 years old in hand (F III)|
|Comp. 9:||4 years old and older, in hand – only mares with foals at foot (F IV)|
|Comp. 10:||4 years old and older, mounted (F VII)|
|European Champion / German Champion|
|European Champion of Champions|
|Comp. 11:||4 years and older, mounted (MVII)|
Competitions – Sport
Each athlete will receive points acc. to his/her placing, which are multiplied by the respective factor.
The horse/athlete combination that has obtained the most points (from the two/three competitions) will be European Champions.
|1st place:||Points (=Number of starters) plus 1|
|2nd place:||Points (=Number of starters) minus 1|
|3rd place:||Points (=Number of starters) minus 2|
- Each horse may be started in only one tour
The Small Tour consists of two competitions.
Medium and Large Tour consists of two qualifiers and the final competition.
In the final competition only the best five athlete/horse combinations acc. to aggregate points received from the first and second qualifier, are admitted. Starting order in the final will be reverse order of the ranking.
|Small Tour:||1st competition / 2nd competition||1 : 2|
|Medium and Large Tour:||1st competition / 2nd competition / final||1 : 1,5 : 2|
Individual Champion will be determined in each tour.
Whip and spurs are permitted.
Scoring Method: acc. to FEI Article 430 – 434 (3 judges, separate judging).
Dressage tests see Appendix.
|Comp. 12:||Small Tour: 4- 7 years old horses: to be ridden on snaffle bridle|
|Comp. 13:||1st competition: competition “OBIDOS” -see Appendix|
|Comp. 14:||2nd competition: competition “PONTE DE LIMA” – see Appendix|
|Comp. 15:||Medium Tour: 6 – 10 years old horses: to be ridden optional on double bridle or snaffle bridle|
|Comp. 16:||1st qualification: competition “CASCAIS” – see Appendix|
|Comp. 17:||2nd qualification: competition “ESTORIL” – see Appendix|
|Comp. 18:||Final: Freestyle – requirements “GOLEGA” – see Appendix|
|Comp. 19:||Large Tour: horses of 8 years and older: to be ridden on double bridle|
|Comp. 20:||1st qualification: Prix St. Georg|
|Comp. 21:||2nd qualification: Intermediaire I|
|Comp. 22:||Final: Freestyle – requirements “LISBOA” – see Appendix|
- Each horse may be started in only one tour
- In each tour maximum 10 Riders per Nation
|Comp. 23:||Medium Tour (ridden by two hands) – horses, 6 years and older|
|Comp. 24:||Dressage Trial (international Working Equitation Dressage Test Masterclass – ridden with two hands)|
|Comp. 25:||Maneability Trial|
|Comp. 26:||Speed Trial|
|Without Cow Trial|
|Ranking: Individual European Champion|
|Comp. 27:||Large Tour (Master Competition) – horses, 7 years and older (ridden by one hand)|
|A maximum of 10 riders are allowed per nation.
From this, each nation can report a team with 4 riders (where only three riders are scored – the worst rider delivers the result of the strike).
The names of the team members must be announced when the readiness to start is declared. à Entry to competition 41 is mandatory
The other riders only start in the individual ranking.
|Comp. 28:||Dressage Trial (international Working Equitation Dressage Test Masterclass – ridden with one hand)|
|Comp. 29:||Maneability Trial|
|Comp. 30:||Speed Trial|
|Without Cow Trial|
|Ranking: Individual European Champion|
|Comp. 41:||Large Tour (Master Competition) – horses, 7 years and older (ridden by one hand) – Team Classification|
|Each nation can report a team with 4 riders (where only three riders are scored – the worst rider delivers the result of the strike).
The names of the team members must be announced when the readiness to start is declared.
|Ranking: Team European Champion|
|Comp. 31:||Prix d´Elegance|
|Presentation of your Lusitano at your own discretion in a stylish presentation. (Freestyle, Pas de Deux, Show, Costume, etc.)
Duration: approx. 5 min. per presentation
Award with honorary award for the three most beautiful presentations.
Evaluation is carried out by selected public representatives.
|Comp. 32:||Licensing Mares|
|Comp. 33:||Licensing Stallions|
(Cavalo Lusitano e.V.)
|Boxes:||straw*||€ 180,00||€ 165,00|
|shavings*||€ 210,00||€ 195,00|
|*first basic litter is included|
|tack box||€ 150,00||€ 130,00|
|Entry fee breeding class:
(per class and horse)
|€ 80,00||€ 40,00|
|Entry fee (per tour)|
|Dressur:||Small Tour||€ 80,00||€ 40,00|
|Medium Tour||€ 120,00||€ 60,00|
|Large Tour||€ 120,00||€ 60,00|
|Working Equitation:||Medium Tour||€ 120,00||€ 60,00|
|Large Tour (individual)||€ 120,00||€ 60,00|
|plus team classification||€ 40,00||€ 30,00|
|Licensing:||€ 250,00||€ 125,00|
|Prix d’Elegance:||€40,00||€ 25,00|
|Parking fee:||per car with trailer/lorry
(parking lot at the stable tents)
(for the whole event)
|additional car||€ 5,00
|Electricity connections:||trucks / motorhomes / caravans||€ 60,00
All fees are payable with the entry by credit card.
Welcome of nations
Thursday, 23/07/2020 as of 19.00 h
- Welcome of nations (parade of nations – please bring along the flags!!)
- Welcome of athletes
- Informal evening in the marquee.
- GALA EVENING and show
- Evening buffet in the marquee on the event site
- Costs: will be announced later
- Table reservation
- separate registration required
|Wednesday, 22/07/2020||Vet-Check Working Equitation und Dressage, Comp. 24|
|Thursday, 23/07/2020||Comp. 16, 20, 25, 28|
|Friday, 24/07/2020||Comp. 13, 17, 29, 32, 33, annual general Meeting Cavalo Lusitano|
|Saturday, 25/07/2020||Comp. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11,14, 18, 21, 22, 26, 31|
|Sunday, 26/07/2020||Comp. 5, 10, 30|